Design Contest Details • Cycling Rocks
Started: December 8, 2007
Ended: July 1, 2008
We love bikes! They're great fun, great transportation and so much better for the planet and people than the CO2 belching four-wheelers we've come to rely on.
Bikes were once a transportation mainstay in many parts of the world, but are increasingly seen as symbols of poverty and underdevelopment. In the developed world, we're buying more bikes, but we use them mostly for leisure, which has little impact on curbing car dependency. We still hold the automobile up as a powerful symbol of personal freedom, self-expression and status.
The bicycle's image needs help. It should be as sexy (sexier cuz you'll be in better shape!) to ride your bike to work as it is to hop into your SUV. Therefore, we want to inspire a bunch of cycling themed T-shirts. No restrictions. You can promote the bike's non-polluting aspects, its lifestyle and health benefits, the simple joy of riding, the sport, etc.
A Bamboo Cycling Jersey?
In addition to applying these designs to T-shirts, we're also looking at developing a bamboo cycling jersey. It could be a first! Most cycling clothing is made from synthetics, which aren't good for the environment or your friends standing close by. Bamboo would bring 'natural' back to cycling. Result: a jersey that keeps you cool, and a message that makes you cool. Let us know what you think of the idea in our Product Forum.
We're looking for one-sided or two-sided designs. The contest runs until the end of March (just in time for summer) and we'll select 3 to 4 designs. We may choose high scorers before the contest closes or extend the contest if the response is strong.
What You Can Do
- Any cycling themed design expressed in any way you choose.
- Just follow the directions to your right. For our cycling jersey idea, please design using our standard T-shirt guidelines. We don't foresee any major differences, but if there are, we'll post those changes here and in our Product Forum.
What You Can't Do
- Read our User Agreement on prohibited content, as it's all there. Basically, just be nice and don't give a lawyer a reason to call you.
Why is Artevist different from other
- US$700 for the right to use your work for a period of two years.
- 7% Royalty on all T-shirts sold with your design, with no upper limit. If we sold 1,000 T-shirts, that's about $2,800 in your pocket!
- 100% Retained Ownership of your work.
- Reproduction only on high quality, eco-friendly fibres, using low-impact printing methods.
- Two free T-shirts, and additional ones at 1/2 price.
Most of all, Artevist is a place to:
- Express and share your views on BIG Issues.
- Gain international exposure and recognition.
- Meet and work with nonprofit organizations.
- Contribute to nonprofit causes with your work.