Design Contest Details • Fallout in Love Again
Started: August 16, 2008
Ended: December 31, 2008
Seems the price of oil has fueled a returned to that other non-renewable and 'clean' energy source – nuclear power. Yes, it really is a wonder technology that can keep the world in big screen plasma TVs and driving electric Hummers for maybe another couple hundred years. Oh, there is that little problem with what to do with the waste. If only we could ask future generations (and every living organism on the planet) if they wouldn't mind taking care of our atomic garbage for the next several million years. But why wait, there's already thousands of tons of it to take out right now.
So if you don't think nuclear energy is the answer to our energy dilemma – which really isn't that much of a dilemma if we just learned to live with less, and focused on renewables – then maybe you can express that on an Artevist Organic T-shirt.
Helpful Links for Inspiration
If you think all the advances made by anti-nuclear groups in the 80s and 90s is holding fast, think again. The Environmental Working Group has reported that uranium exploration in the U.S. has jumped dramatically in the last 5 years, much of it right next to protected national parks. In Canada (the world's largest uranium producer) The Council of Canadians has been following the dramatic increase in uranium mining activities.
To find out more about nuclear power, uranium, half-lives, peak-uranium, and nuclear waste, search for any of those terms in Wikipedia and go from there. The anti-nuclear movement page is a good links source.
We've extended this contest until Dec 31st. Great designs have just begun to come in and this will give existing designs more time for voting as well as allow more artists to participate.
We're looking for one-sided or two-sided designs. The contest runs until the end of October, and we'll select one or two designs in total.
What You Can Do
- It's completely up to you as long as it's a design that communicates an anti-nuclear energy message.
- We're not really looking at the military and weapons aspects of the nuclear issue, but if you have a great idea, consider submitting it to our Monthly General Selection.
- Just click here for our Design Submission Guidelines or the link to your right.
What You Can't Do
- Read our User Agreement on prohibited content, as it's all there. Basically, just be nice and don't give a lawyer a reason to call you.
Why is Artevist different from other
- US$700 for the right to use your work for a period of two years.
- 7% Royalty on all T-shirts sold with your design, with no upper limit. If we sold 1,000 T-shirts, that's about $2,800 in your pocket!
- 100% Retained Ownership of your work.
- Reproduction only on high quality, eco-friendly fibres, using low-impact printing methods.
- Two free T-shirts, and additional ones at 1/2 price.
Most of all, Artevist is a place to:
- Express and share your views on BIG Issues.
- Gain international exposure and recognition.
- Meet and work with nonprofit organizations.
- Contribute to nonprofit causes with your work.